Alexandra Khitrova:Fantasy Illustrations
(Alexandra Khitrova) on deviantART, on Behance,
Designer Alexandra Khitrova Discovers a New Career through Her Stunning Fantasy Concept Artby Christopher Jobson on May 17, 2014. The reaction online and off was swift, and Khitrova soon found herself working on increasingly complex drawings as she suddenly began to get commissions. Now, only a year later, she is already working with a team of writers and artists on a feature film.
Another favorite architect of mine is Antoni Gaudí. I think his art just speaks for itself, don’t you?
Real-Time Face Tracking and Projection Mapping
Impressive proof-of-concept demonstration from OMOTE which accurately projects visuals onto a moving human face - video embedded below:
Today the Department of Teeny-weeny Wonders was delighted to learn about the work of Buckinghamshire, England-based illustrator Chloe Giordano, who uses freehand embroidery to create incredibly small, yet finely detailed depictions of animals.
The final works of a sleeping fawn or mouse are scarcely larger than the size of a thimble, yet can take long periods of time to complete as she mixes myriad thread colors to achieve perfection for each piece.
In addition to wonderfully wee embroidered pieces like those pictured here, Giordano also creates 3D sculptures. You can keep up with all of Chloe Giordano’s artwork right here on Tumblr at karenin. She’s currently available for comission-based work as well.
Alyssa Monks | on Tumblr
Charade. Oil on linen, 48x32 (2010)
Tonic. Oil on linen, 56x84 (2011)
[Curator’s Monday with artforadults]
Astounding fluorescent body painting revealed through the use of black light, by John Poppleton.
Fibonacci you crazy bastard….
As seen in the solar system (by no ridiculous coincidence), Earth orbits the Sun 8 times in the same period that Venus orbits the Sun 13 times! Drawing a line between Earth & Venus every week results in a spectacular FIVE side symmetry!!
Lets bring up those Fibonacci numbers again: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34..
So if we imagine planets with Fibonacci orbits, do they create Fibonacci symmetries?!
You bet!! Depicted here is a:
- 2 sided symmetry (5 orbits x 3 orbits)
- 3 sided symmetry (8 orbits x 5 orbits)
- 5 sided symmetry (13 orbits x 8 orbits) - like Earth & Venus
- 8 sided symmetry (21 orbits x 13 orbits)
I wonder if relationships like this exist somewhere in the universe….
Read the Book | Follow | Hi-Res -2- -3- -5- -8-
i dofnt know what any of this means but these gifs are so raw im gonna rbelog it anyway
The resin dried super fast today so I was able to get pictures of these guys. :D
I really, really like these. A lot. Even though the resin bubbled a lot more than it usually does, I was able to manipulate the bubbles to try and form them into bubble nests, which adds a lot to the cups I think. :)
- THE FISH ARE NOT REAL. They are made from polymer clay.
- The water is resin.
- The plants are real leaves and flowers I found in my backyard. The substrate is sand.
- They are in clear glass miniature cups so you can see through the cup at all angles.
- These will be available at Tampa Bay Comic Con (August 1-3). You can commission one once my commissions reopen after Comic Con.
- Please do not keep real betta like this! While these little bowls work fine for fake clay bettas, real bettas need at least 2.5 gallons (5 gallons would be better), a filter, and a heater. Please do your research before buying one of these awesome little fish. :)
perspective is everything
(Source: youtube.com, via corporalclean)